Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Rayonier ( RYN) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Rayonier rose $0.99 (1.8%) to $56.64 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,325,494 shares of Rayonier exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 551,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $55.64-$57.05 after having opened the day at $55.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.65. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: Icahn ( IEP), up 3.4%, Harbinger Group ( HRG), up 3.0%, AcelRx Pharmaceuticals ( ACRX), up 3.0% and Lydall ( LDL), up 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Rayonier Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.