Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Apple ( AAPL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Apple rose $11.21 (2.4%) to $487.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11,966,411 shares of Apple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,205,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $478.38-$489.14 after having opened the day at $478.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $476.75. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Dot Hill Systems Corporation ( HILL), up 6.1%, Imation Corporation ( IMN), up 4.9%, Aruba Networks ( ARUN), up 4.7% and OCZ Technology Group ( OCZ), up 4.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Apple Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.