Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. State Street ( STT) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, State Street rose $0.95 (1.4%) to $66.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,783,576 shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,216,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $65.85-$66.72 after having opened the day at $66.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.75. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Middleburg Financial ( MBRG), up 7.6%, Credit Suisse ( DOIL), up 6.6%, Credit Suisse ( DSLV), up 6.5% and PSB Holdings ( PSBH), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.