Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ford Motor ( F) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Ford Motor rose $0.32 (1.9%) to $17.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 41,575,283 shares of Ford Motor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 37,207,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.92-$17.34 after having opened the day at $16.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.87. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), up 7.5%, LKQ Corporation ( LKQ), up 5.5%, SORL Auto Parts ( SORL), up 4.6% and Strattec Security Corporation ( STRT), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ford Motor Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.