ADTRAN®, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN), a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions, announced today a significant addition to the company’s market leading ultra-broadband portfolio, the Total Access ® 5004. Designed to address limitations commonly found in competitive small form-factor products, the Total Access 5004 provides separate data and control planes, carrier-class redundancy, complete non-blocking architecture, and the ability to scale to meet future needs. The compact solution is a multi-service access platform (MSAP) system designed to deliver higher rate premium services over fiber or copper deeper into the network. With this addition, the Total Access 5000 Series remains the industry’s most flexible ultra-broadband platform, enabling service providers to rapidly capture new revenue opportunities and reduce their capital and operating costs. The new platform leverages ADTRAN’s Advanced Services SM Architecture to deliver next-generation residential and business services onto a converged infrastructure. This provides service providers unprecedented architectural scalability with true carrier-class availability and performance at every scale point, from dozens to thousands of subscribers. The solution lowers the customer service take rate threshold for delivering premium services in underserved or other hard to reach areas, thus expanding the addressable service market and growing the top line of service providers. The ability to consolidate services onto a common access infrastructure provides operational cost savings due to a single network, all services approach. “Service providers have been challenged to deploy next-generation broadband beyond the most profitable portions of their networks. As regulatory broadband targets loom operators need innovative carrier-class platforms that are cost-optimized for premium services delivery in not only dense urban areas but allow for profitable multi-service delivery in more far flung, hard to reach areas,” said Teresa Mastrangelo, principal analyst, Broadband Trends. “The Total Access 5004 has the ability to address two key growing market segments over a common converged infrastructure: providing for success-based migration from FTTN to FTTH in underserved, remote markets while also delivering high-performance broadband, cloud and backhaul services in expanding metro markets.”
The Total Access 5004 delivers the performance, scalability, flexibility, redundancy and serviceability typical of large central office platforms in a compact, 2 rack unit (RU), form-factor that is ideal for space-constrained cabinet retrofits and small remote terminals. The chassis supports a full range of services from the broad portfolio of Total Access 5000 access modules supporting services including IPTV, OTT, Carrier Ethernet, VoIP and TDM. The solution can be configured to be one or more of the following:
- The industry’s highest-capacity Fiber-to-the-Premises (FTTP) solution for VoIP, IPTV and business Ethernet services — 32 GPON OLT or 96 point to point Ethernet ports in a 2RU form-factor.
- The industry’s highest-density 10G packet optical edge solution for aggregation and transport of high-bandwidth premium services — 32 10Gigabit Ethernet or OTN ports in 2RU form-factor.
- The industry’s most versatile Carrier Ethernet services delivery platform supporting MEF certified services over any access infrastructure, whether fiber-based access over DS3, GPON, Active Ethernet, or Ethernet over wavelength services (OTN, WDM) or copper-based access over DS1/E1, SHDSL, ADSL2+, or VDSL2
- A highly versatile, ultra-low latency mobile backhaul solution simultaneously supporting large installation 10GE urban 4G-Advanced cell towers or Remote Radio Heads (RRH) over CPRI, OTN or WDM, and small or metrocell backhaul over GPON, Bonded SHDSL or Vectored VDSL2.
- A rapidly deployable Fiber-to-the-Node (FTTN) solution leveraging board-, system- and multi-system level VDSL2 vectoring for VoIP, IPTV and business Ethernet delivery that will in turn fully transition to a full end to end GPON, Active Ethernet or Next-Gen PON FTTP solution as future services demand
About ADTRANADTRAN, Inc. is a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment. ADTRAN’s products enable voice, data, video and Internet communications across a variety of network infrastructures. ADTRAN solutions are currently in use by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations, and millions of individual users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.adtran.com.