Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Rockwell Medical ( RMTI) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Rockwell Medical as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RMTI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.0 million.
- RMTI has traded 91,195 shares today.
- RMTI is down 3.3% today.
- RMTI was up 5.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RMTI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RMTI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RMTI: Rockwell Medical, Inc. operates as an integrated biopharmaceutical company in the United States and internationally. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Rockwell Medical a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Rockwell Medical has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Rockwell Medical has a market cap of $367.2 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 43.8% with 1.81 days to cover. Shares are up 14.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Rockwell Medical as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, ROCKWELL MEDICAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ROCKWELL MEDICAL INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 12.60%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -91.35% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$21.53 million or 232.03% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.16 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 2.71, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- ROCKWELL MEDICAL INC has improved earnings per share by 34.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROCKWELL MEDICAL INC reported poor results of -$2.64 versus -$1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.24 versus -$2.64).
- You can view the full Rockwell Medical Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.