Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Universal Health Services ( UHS) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Universal Health Services as such a stock due to the following factors:
- UHS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $39.1 million.
- UHS has traded 694,917 shares today.
- UHS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UHS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UHS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UHS: Universal Health Services, Inc., through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals, behavioral health centers, surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and radiation oncology centers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. UHS has a PE ratio of 15.0. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Universal Health Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Universal Health Services has been 619,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Universal Health Services has a market cap of $6.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.97 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.01 days to cover. Shares are up 52.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Universal Health Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UHS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 39.09% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 65.37% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, UHS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 41.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $107.56 million to $151.84 million.
- UNIVERSAL HEALTH SVCS INC has improved earnings per share by 39.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNIVERSAL HEALTH SVCS INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.53 versus $4.03 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 0.7% in earnings ($4.50 versus $4.53).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, UNIVERSAL HEALTH SVCS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Universal Health Services Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.