- IEX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.8 million.
- IEX has traded 482,583 shares today.
- IEX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IEX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IEX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IEX: IDEX Corporation manufactures and sells various pumps, flow meters, other fluidics systems and components, and engineered products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. IEX has a PE ratio of 95.7. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Idex Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Idex Corporation has been 287,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Idex has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.44 and a short float of 2.2% with 5.20 days to cover. Shares are up 37.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Idex Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 17.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.55, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, IEX has a quick ratio of 2.18, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 57.74% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- 47.20% is the gross profit margin for IDEX CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.06% is above that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Machinery industry average. The net income increased by 15.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $54.35 million to $62.56 million.
- You can view the full Idex Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.