“Splunk Enterprise 6 signals a major evolution to the Splunk story, one that could introduce the platform to a new set of users,” said Eric Hanselman, chief analyst, 451 Research. “Business users want and need to use software that makes it easier to dig deeper into analytic tasks without the help of IT or knowledge of coding and query languages. Those who’ve been using the Splunk product for years will benefit from usability and management enhancements that will make their Splunk lives easier and more productive. By providing machine data analytics to a new set of users and an improved user experience, Splunk Enterprise 6 has value for both audiences.”Customers Deliver Analytics Beyond IT with Splunk Enterprise 6 More than 250 customers and partners participated in the Splunk Enterprise 6 beta program. The response to new analytics features including, among others, data models and pivot has been overwhelmingly positive. “At PostFinance, exceptional customer service has kept us in business for over 100 years. Splunk Enterprise gives us insights from our data that help us deliver a great online experience,” said Roger Bigler, team leader for Splunk, PostFinance. “Splunk Enterprise 6 provides a more powerful yet incredibly easy-to-use way to interact with and visualize machine-generated business data so we can share consistent views of the data, increasing the speed with which we deliver service to our customers.” “Security analysts at Oak Ridge National Laboratory utilize Splunk Enterprise to analyze large volumes of diverse machine data streaming in real time,” said Jesse Trucks, cyber security engineer, Oak Ridge National Laboratory. “It is vital these analysts be able to directly manipulate and interact with the data to quickly obtain operational security intelligence. Splunk Enterprise 6 will enable many more analysts to discover patterns and generate information from our data with the new visualization capabilities.”
“The core value of Splunk Enterprise 6 goes beyond our IT engineers. It presents a significant opportunity for business users and developers to eliminate their fear of data,” said Chulhyun Cho, e-commerce development team leader, CJ O Shopping. “We expect a dramatic increase in the number of business users that will use the platform thanks to the new analytics features. For advanced Splunk users, pivot powered by data models makes it incredibly easy to build dynamic dashboards and fluid visualizations, which means our analysts can manipulate any data they want to analyze. Splunk Enterprise 6 is also very attractive to developers because it makes it easier to build insightful visualizations for our internal users.”Click here to read all of the customer and partner testimonials. Innovations Deliver Powerful Analytics Anyone Can Use Splunk Enterprise 6 introduces three innovations that make analytics dramatically faster and easier for existing users. These breakthroughs also open up the value of gaining insights from machine data to an entirely new audience of business users:
- Pivot opens up the power of analytics to non-technical business users and analysts with a simple drag-and-drop interface to explore, manipulate and visualize data. This includes the ability to click and drag pre-built visualizations and quickly build complex queries and reports without learning a query language.
- Data Models provide for a more meaningful representation of underlying machine data and a deeper understanding of relationships in the data, making this data more useful to a broader base of users.
- High Performance Analytics Store is a patent-pending transparent acceleration technology that delivers analytics performance up to 1,000 times faster than any previous version of Splunk Enterprise.
- Simplified Cluster Management delivers easier management of mission-critical Splunk software deployments by monitoring high availability, automating search workloads and making it easier to deploy apps. Everything the Splunk admin needs to know can be monitored on a centralized dashboard.
- Forwarder Management supports big data scale with easy configuration and visual management of thousands of forwarder configurations across multiple geographies.
- Enhanced Dashboard Editing lets users build interactive dashboards and user workflows without writing advanced code and enables one-click access to develop in the Splunk web framework.