Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced three enterprise mobile computers running the most popular version of the Android operating system (OS) supported by new Extensions (Mx) by Motorola Solutions security features and the fourth generation of RhoMobile Suite’s cross-platform development framework. This new set of technologies and development tools will help businesses adapt, enhance, integrate and secure the Android OS for enterprise customers. KEY FACTS Motorola Mobile Computers with Android Jelly Bean OS
- Motorola is expanding the industry’s largest portfolio of purpose-built, Android-based devices with the introduction of the ET1, MC40 and MC67 enterprise mobile computers running the Jelly Bean version of the Android OS and fortified with Mx enhancements.
- The Jelly Bean version of the Android OS provides new features important to enterprises including security enhancements, better graphics support and improved logging and support capabilities.
- Motorola mobile computers with the Android OS can run Android applications that have been developed natively or with alternative frameworks such as RhoMobile Suite.
- Motorola provides a full software development kit (SDK) that allows developers to easily develop and integrate enterprise data capture features on Motorola’s Android-based mobile computers.
- Mx is a suite of security, device management and performance extensions that have been added to the standard Android OS to make it ready for the enterprise.
- With Mx, IT administrators can strictly enforce which business applications are allowed to run on a device, and mobile device management (MDM) vendors can provide real-time remote management control.
- Mx infuses Motorola Android-based mobile computers with enterprise-class data capture features as well as fast and intelligent pre-emptive roaming and edge awareness to provide mobile workers with a superior wireless experience.
- Mx is written on the commercial Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and will not compromise Android functions nor create application compatibility issues.
- RhoMobile Suite 4.0 is the next generation of powerful cross-platform development tools that help businesses mobilize their workers, no matter what OS, device and technology is in their hands.
- Developers can write, integrate, host and manage applications that work across platforms -- including new support for iOS7 and Windows Phone 8 -- on both consumer and enterprise devices.
- Enterprises, PartnerEmpower channel partners and other independent software vendors (ISVs) can reduce costs and improve time-to-market with their applications by using RhoMobile Suite 4.0 to write an application once and run it across multiple legacy and future OS platforms and devices.
SUPPORTING RESOURCESWebsite: Motorola Solutions Mobile Computers Video: New Motorola Mobile Computers with Android Jelly Bean OS Video: Extensions (Mx) by Motorola Solutions Facebook: Motorola Solutions About Motorola Solutions Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed. MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Microsoft, Windows and Windows Mobile are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.