- Faster backups. Tighter integration between NetVault and the DR4100 via RDA results in significantly faster backup rates. ESG Lab testing with multiple simultaneous streams validated a 7.5TB per hour ingest rate using this solution 2 .
- Source-side deduplication. By way of the DR4100 advanced deduplication and compression technology, NetVault customers can now deduplicate data directly at the source of the backup. This source-side approach minimizes backup traffic over the network, while test results show the use of deduplication can reduce the overall storage footprint by up to 91 percent 2.
- Optimized replication for efficient disaster recovery. Customers can now schedule and manage replication of deduplicated data from one DR4100 appliance to another, directly from the NetVault Backup console, enabling a variety of disaster recovery and remote-office backup scenarios. NetVault is automatically made aware of the completion and location of replicated data copies, enabling fast restores and reliable disaster recovery.
- Consolidated tape storage. As data volumes grow and businesses become more distributed across remote sites, decentralized tape libraries have become increasingly expensive to maintain and time-consuming to manage. NetVault Backup customers can now ease that burden by replicating backup data from multiple DR4100 appliances to a single target, and then archiving that consolidated data to tape.
- NetVault Backup and the DR4100 are available direct from Dell and through the channel.
Dell WorldJoin us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter. About Dell Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com. Dell, NetVault, vRanger and DR4100 are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others. 1 “Best Practices for Repairing the Broken State of Backup,” Dave Russell, Gartner, August 15, 2013 2 “ Dell Integrated Data Protection: DR4100 with NetVault ,” Kerr y Dolan and Vinny Choinsky, ESG, September 2013