Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NRG Energy ( NRG) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, NRG Energy fell $0.39 (-1.4%) to $27.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,706,590 shares of NRG Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,452,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.24-$27.68 after having opened the day at $27.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.72. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: American Midstream Partners ( AMID), down 3.3%, American DG Energy ( ADGE), down 3.1%, Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), down 2.4% and Southcross Energy Partners ( SXE), down 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full NRG Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.