Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec fell $4.06 (-1.7%) to $240.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 877,625 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,150,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $240.29-$244.50 after having opened the day at $242.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $244.82. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: China Botanic Pharmaceutical ( CBP), down 96.4%, Achillion Pharmaceuticals ( ACHN), down 58.3%, Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 40.1% and Pingtan Marine Enterprise ( PME), down 14.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.