Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Allstate ( ALL) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Allstate fell $0.52 (-1.0%) to $50.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,376,404 shares of Allstate exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,723,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $50.45-$50.96 after having opened the day at $50.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.07. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: IFM Investments ( CTC), down 11.8%, Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones-Provi ( PVD), down 10.1%, First Marblehead Corporation ( FMD), down 7.9% and Hampton Roads Bankshares ( HMPR), down 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Allstate Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.