Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Reynolds American ( RAI) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Reynolds American fell $0.56 (-1.1%) to $48.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,194,921 shares of Reynolds American exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,505,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.67-$49.07 after having opened the day at $48.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.34. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), down 10.6%, Swisher Hygiene ( SWSH), down 9.0%, Natuzzi SPA ( NTZ), down 7.7% and Summer Infant ( SUMR), down 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Reynolds American Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.