Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Level 3 Communications ( LVLT) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 15.3%. By the end of trading, Level 3 Communications rose $0.37 (1.4%) to $26.69 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,141,769 shares of Level 3 Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,604,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $25.76-$26.69 after having opened the day at $25.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.32. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Motricity ( MOTR), up 1398.6%, Voltari ( VLTC), up 1398.6%, Alvarion ( ALVR), up 39.0% and Internet Gold Golden Lines ( IGLD), up 10.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Level 3 Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.