Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Canadian Solar ( CSIQ) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 3.2%. By the end of trading, Canadian Solar rose $0.27 (1.6%) to $16.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,826,055 shares of Canadian Solar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,012,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.94-$17.71 after having opened the day at $16.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.72. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Motricity ( MOTR), up 1398.6%, Voltari ( VLTC), up 1398.6%, CSR ( CSRE), up 191.5% and Sungame ( SGMZ), up 72.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Canadian Solar Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.