Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. St Jude Medical ( STJ) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, St Jude Medical rose $1.25 (2.4%) to $53.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,135,025 shares of St Jude Medical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,557,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.79-$53.80 after having opened the day at $52.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.39. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 93.1%, Zalicus ( ZLCS), up 23.7%, Alliance HealthCare Services ( AIQ), up 13.2% and Bacterin International Holdings ( BONE), up 11.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full St Jude Medical Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.