Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Synaptics ( SYNA) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Synaptics rose $0.73 (1.7%) to $44.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 686,581 shares of Synaptics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 712,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.06-$45.00 after having opened the day at $43.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.52. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Echelon Corporation ( ELON), up 7.7%, Silicom ( SILC), up 5.9%, Ruckus Wireless ( RKUS), up 2.9% and Cray ( CRAY), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Synaptics Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.