Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ashland ( ASH) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Ashland rose $1.13 (1.2%) to $92.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 701,252 shares of Ashland exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 593,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $90.21-$92.92 after having opened the day at $90.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $91.35. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: China Green Agriculture ( CGA), up 6.3%, Ceres ( CERE), up 5.7%, Valhi ( VHI), up 4.8% and American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ashland Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.