TAIPEI, Taiwan, Sept. 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corporation Limited (Nasdaq:APWC) ("APWC" or the "Company"), a leading manufacturer of wire and cable products for the telecommunications and electric-power industries in the Asia-Pacific region, today announced that the Company will host its 2013 annual general meeting (AGM) for shareholders at its headquarters located at Room B, 7th Fl., No. 132, Min-Sheng East Road Section 3, Taipei, Taiwan on November 15, 2013. The Meeting is being held for the purposes below, and additional information, including the agenda of all matters being put to a vote of shareholders, will be provided in the Notice of Meeting and related proxy statement that will be provided to shareholders.
- To approve the written record of the last Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of the Company held on October 5, 2012;
- To approve the total number of directorships on the Board;
- To elect the directors of the Company;
- To approve the compensation of the directors of the Company;
- To approve the appointment of Ernst & Young as the independent auditor of the Company for the 2013 fiscal year;
- To consider such other matters as may be appropriately brought before the Shareholders;
- To report on the Company's performance in 2012 and financial results for the first six months of 2013;