Sonus Networks (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, announced today the Sonus SBC 5100 Session Border Controller (SBC) has received a 2012 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award from TMC and the editors of Internet Telephony and Customer magazines. The SBC 5100 is a mid-sized SBC designed specifically for medium-to-large enterprises and Tier 2/3 service providers. It delivers many features and services usually reserved for higher end SBCs, providing world-class SIP communications in an exceptionally cost-efficient form for smaller session requirements. Offering up to 10,000 concurrent sessions, the SBC 5100 is purpose-built for SIP-based applications including voice, video and real-time collaboration environments. The SBC 5100 offers a variety of unique features including built-in media transcoding, line-rate encryption and advanced routing capabilities. It is performance validated by Miercom and Microsoft Lync qualified, ensuring high-performance SIP trunking and ease-of-deployment in Lync-based Unified Communications environments. The announcement marks the third consecutive year that a Sonus product has received a Product of the Year Award from TMC and its editors. The Sonus Centralized Policy and Routing Server was named a 2011 Product of the Year and the Sonus SBC 5200 Session Border Controller was named a 2010 Product of the Year by TMC. Quotes: “The SBC 5100 represents Sonus’ continued commitment to helping businesses communicate smarter, faster and more collaboratively, specifically by providing the security features, session control and interworking services that enterprises and service providers need to embrace transformative technologies such as SIP trunking and Unified Communications,” said David Tipping, vice president and general manager, Sonus SBC Business. “Innovation is a cornerstone attribute of Sonus and we are honored to be recognized again by TMC.” “The products and services selected for the prestigious Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award represent some of the most exceptional innovations this industry has seen in quite some time,” said Rich Tehrani, chief executive officer, TMC. “It is my pleasure to recognize Sonus Networks with this honor as they have proven that they deserve to be considered to be among the industry’s elite.”
- Sonus is positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for SBCs, published October 9, 2012 by Gartner, Inc.
- Sonus has the broadest portfolio of Microsoft Lync qualified SBCs; including the Sonus SBC 5200 for high-density environments as well as the Sonus SBC 2000 and SBC 1000 for smaller deployment needs
- Sonus solutions have been performance verified by Miercom
- A single SBC 5100 can scale between 250 and 10,000 concurrent SIP sessions
- View complete information about the Sonus SBC portfolio at www.sonus.net
- Download Session Border Controllers for Dummies (Sponsored by Sonus)