Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. United Continental Holdings ( UAL) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, United Continental Holdings fell $3.16 (-9.3%) to $30.91 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12,543,025 shares of United Continental Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,629,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.88-$32.55 after having opened the day at $32.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.07. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 21.2%, Sino-Global Shipping America ( SINO), down 14.1%, FreeSeas ( FREE), down 12.8% and China Metro-Rural Holdings ( CNR), down 6.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full United Continental Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.