Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Staples fell $0.18 (-1.2%) to $14.59 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,231,852 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,596,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.50-$14.74 after having opened the day at $14.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.77. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Hastings Entertainment ( HAST), down 6.2%, Lentuo International ( LAS), down 4.8%, Odyssey Marine Exploration ( OMEX), down 2.9% and EZCorp ( EZPW), down 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.