Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold fell $0.45 (-1.3%) to $33.42 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,667,382 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,417,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.32-$33.81 after having opened the day at $33.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.87. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), down 10.9%, Quest Rare Minerals ( QRM), down 8.9%, Vista Gold Corporation ( VGZ), down 8.0% and Molycorp ( MCP), down 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.