Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Conglomerates sector lower today making it today's featured Conglomerates laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 4.0%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical fell $0.97 (-2.4%) to $39.02 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,198,334 shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,225,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $38.89-$39.84 after having opened the day at $39.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.99. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that declined today were: Dex Media ( DXM), down 5.4% and MGT Capital Investments ( MGT), down 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.