Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, General Motors fell $0.58 (-1.6%) to $36.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14,054,403 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,381,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.16-$36.90 after having opened the day at $36.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.95. Other companies within the Automotive industry that declined today were: Hyster-Yale Materials Handling ( HY), down 2.9%, China Zenix Auto International ( ZX), down 2.6%, Supreme Industries ( STS), down 2.5% and Spartan Motors ( SPAR), down 2.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.