Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Eagle Materials ( EXP) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Eagle Materials rose $1.20 (1.7%) to $73.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 819,535 shares of Eagle Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 645,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.43-$73.30 after having opened the day at $71.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.99. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Real Goods Solar ( RSOL), up 14.8%, US Concrete ( USCR), up 5.0%, Goldfield ( GV), up 4.8% and China Advanced Construction Materials Group ( CADC), up 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Eagle Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.