Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cytec Industries ( CYT) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Cytec Industries rose $1.23 (1.5%) to $81.00 on average volume. Throughout the day, 512,425 shares of Cytec Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 479,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $79.98-$81.09 after having opened the day at $80.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.77. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Marrone Bio Innovations ( MBII), up 5.0%, REX American Resources ( REX), up 3.5%, GSE ( GSE), up 3.0% and PolyOne Corporation ( POL), up 1.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cytec Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.