Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kodiak Oil & Gas ( KOG) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Kodiak Oil & Gas rose $0.16 (1.4%) to $11.94 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,561,406 shares of Kodiak Oil & Gas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,119,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11.64-$12.22 after having opened the day at $11.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.78. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), up 61.8%, Kimber Resources ( KBX), up 16.7%, Kimber Resources ( KBXR), up 16.7% and GMX Resources ( GMXRQ), up 15.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Kodiak Oil & Gas Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.