Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Assured Guaranty ( AGO) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Assured Guaranty fell $0.34 (-1.7%) to $19.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,821,824 shares of Assured Guaranty exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,816,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.41-$20.70 after having opened the day at $19.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.77. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Phoenix Companies ( PNX), down 3.7%, eHealth ( EHTH), down 3.7%, State Auto Financial Corporation ( STFC), down 3.1% and National Interstate Corporation ( NATL), down 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Assured Guaranty Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.