Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monster Beverage ( MNST) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Monster Beverage fell $0.77 (-1.4%) to $53.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,246,845 shares of Monster Beverage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,413,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $53.06-$54.90 after having opened the day at $54.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.34. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: American Lorain ( ALN), down 3.8%, Industrias Bachoco S.A.B. de C.V ( IBA), down 3.3%, Pilgrims Pride ( PPC), down 3.3% and Reeds ( REED), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Monster Beverage Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.