Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Franco-Nevada ( FNV) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Franco-Nevada fell $1.41 (-3.1%) to $44.22 on average volume. Throughout the day, 762,439 shares of Franco-Nevada exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 717,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.10-$46.12 after having opened the day at $45.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.63. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Vista Gold Corporation ( VGZ), down 16.9%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), down 16.1%, Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), down 10.0% and MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 9.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Franco-Nevada Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.