Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Yahoo ( YHOO) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Yahoo rose $1.41 (4.5%) to $32.75 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 39,060,022 shares of Yahoo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,305,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.58-$33.00 after having opened the day at $31.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.34. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Monster Offers ( MONT), up 28.0%, Deltathree ( DDDC), up 22.2%, PT Indosat TBK ( IIT), up 15.1% and SemiLEDs ( LEDS), up 15.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Yahoo Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.