Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walt Disney ( DIS) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Walt Disney rose $0.79 (1.2%) to $65.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,956,346 shares of Walt Disney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,901,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.25-$65.29 after having opened the day at $64.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.45. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Gray Television ( GTN.A), up 6.9%, Gray Television ( GTN), up 6.3%, Charm Communications ( CHRM), up 5.9% and Nexstar Broadcasting Group ( NXST), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.