Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Spectra Energy ( SE) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Spectra Energy rose $0.45 (1.3%) to $34.46 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,024,214 shares of Spectra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,637,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.05-$34.46 after having opened the day at $34.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.01. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: KiOR ( KIOR), up 57.9%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), up 37.0%, Emerald Oil ( EOX), up 8.7% and Magnum Hunter Resources Corportion ( MHR), up 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Spectra Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.