Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Colgate-Palmolive Company ( CL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Colgate-Palmolive Company rose $1.05 (1.8%) to $60.39 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,672,293 shares of Colgate-Palmolive Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,833,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $59.49-$60.41 after having opened the day at $59.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.34. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 12.9%, Diamond Foods ( DMND), up 11.0%, Fabrinet ( FN), up 10.4% and Fifth & Pacific Companies ( FNP), up 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Colgate-Palmolive Company Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.