Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries rose $2.01 (1.2%) to $166.65 on light volume. Throughout the day, 456,176 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 624,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $164.79-$166.96 after having opened the day at $164.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $164.64. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: KiOR ( KIOR), up 57.9%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), up 37.0%, Kingold Jewelry ( KGJI), up 25.4% and Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 18.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PPG Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.