- Japan is seen as an extremely conservative country.
- Corporate executives are slow to invest.
- Cultural norms can be hard to change.
Do you see investment opportunities in Japan? Use the list below as a starting point for your own analysis. 1. Canon Inc. ( CAJ): Manufactures and sells network copying machines, laser printers, inkjet printers, cameras, and lithography equipments in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Oceania. Market cap at $36.83B, most recent closing price at $31.95. Forward P/E: 11.78.
2. Honda Motor Co., Ltd. ( HMC): Engages in the development, manufacture, and distribution of motorcycles, automobiles, and power products primarily in North America, Europe, and Asia. Market cap at $70.22B, most recent closing price at $38.96. Forward P/E: 11.42.
3. Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corp. ( NTT): Provides telecommunications services to residential and business customers in Japan. Market cap at $63.08B, most recent closing price at $26.73. Forward P/E: 9.09.
4. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc. ( SMFG): Provides various banking and financial products and services in Asia and the Oceania, the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Market cap at $68.64B, most recent closing price at $10.14. Forward P/E: 10.84.
5. Toyota Motor Corporation ( TM): Engages in the design, manufacture, assembly, and sale of passenger cars, minivans, and commercial vehicles. Market cap at $206.82B, most recent closing price at $130.56. Forward P/E: 10.13. ( List compiled by James Dennin, a Kapitall Writer. Analyst ratings sourced from Zacks Investment Research, all other data sourced from Finviz.)