Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NextEra Energy ( NEE) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, NextEra Energy fell $0.89 (-1.1%) to $80.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,922,404 shares of NextEra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,913,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $80.33-$81.53 after having opened the day at $80.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.22. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), down 6.2%, American DG Energy ( ADGE), down 3.6%, Empresa Nacional de ElectricidadSA ( EOC), down 3.4% and NorthWestern Corporation ( NWE), down 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full NextEra Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.