Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. eBay ( EBAY) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, eBay fell $0.96 (-1.7%) to $54.21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,457,346 shares of eBay exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,475,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $54.02-$55.18 after having opened the day at $55.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.17. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: J.C. Penney ( JCP), down 15.0%, Stein Mart ( SMRT), down 4.8%, ValueVision Media ( VVTV), down 3.4% and Gaiam Inc. Class A ( GAIA), down 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full eBay Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.