Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cablevision Systems ( CVC) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Cablevision Systems fell $0.24 (-1.4%) to $16.94 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,202,212 shares of Cablevision Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,938,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.92-$17.24 after having opened the day at $17.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.18. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Rentrak Corporation ( RENT), down 5.4%, Crown Media Holdings ( CRWN), down 4.1%, Tiger Media ( IDI), down 3.7% and DISH Network ( DISH), down 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Cablevision Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.