Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Owens-Corning ( OC) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Owens-Corning fell $0.70 (-1.8%) to $38.50 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,726,012 shares of Owens-Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,805,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $38.42-$39.38 after having opened the day at $39.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.20. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Jewett-Cameron Trading Company ( JCTCF), down 9.1%, Vertex Energy ( VTNR), down 4.4%, Homex Development ( HXM), down 4.2% and China Recycling Energy Corporation ( CREG), down 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Owens-Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.