Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. DryShips ( DRYS) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, DryShips rose $0.33 (9.2%) to $3.93 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 44,656,408 shares of DryShips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,518,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.61-$3.99 after having opened the day at $3.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.60. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Globus Maritime ( GLBS), up 19.6%, FreeSeas ( FREE), up 18.0%, Nordic American Tankers ( NAT), up 10.7% and Eagle Bulk Shipping ( EGLE), up 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full DryShips Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.