Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Anglogold Ashanti ( AU) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Anglogold Ashanti rose $0.66 (5.2%) to $13.27 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,918,949 shares of Anglogold Ashanti exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,170,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.92-$13.55 after having opened the day at $12.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.61. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 10.7%, Lake Shore Gold ( LSG), up 8.0%, Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), up 7.8% and Ossen Innovation ( OSN), up 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Anglogold Ashanti Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.