Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, MetLife rose $0.74 (1.6%) to $47.85 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,816,928 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,416,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.13-$48.09 after having opened the day at $47.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.11. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Genworth Financial ( GNW), up 3.9%, Erie Indemnity Company ( ERIE), up 3.1%, First American Financial ( FAF), up 3.0% and Assured Guaranty ( AGO), up 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.