Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Capital One Financial ( COF) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Capital One Financial rose $0.70 (1.0%) to $69.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,131,316 shares of Capital One Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,566,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.37-$69.70 after having opened the day at $68.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.49. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: GAIN Capital Holdings ( GCAP), up 18.5%, Paulson Capital ( PLCC), up 15.3%, Altisource Asset Management Corporation ( AAMC), up 5.6% and Mesabi ( MSB), up 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Capital One Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.