Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial rose $1.01 (1.3%) to $78.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,897,328 shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,277,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.67-$79.39 after having opened the day at $78.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.80. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: GAIN Capital Holdings ( GCAP), up 18.5%, Paulson Capital ( PLCC), up 15.3%, Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), up 11.1% and Atlantic Coast Financial ( ACFC), up 9.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.