Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VeriFone Systems ( PAY) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, VeriFone Systems rose $0.31 (1.4%) to $23.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,415,005 shares of VeriFone Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,066,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.79-$23.18 after having opened the day at $22.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.78. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Universal Electronics ( UEIC), up 5.5%, Appliance Recycling Centers Of America ( ARCI), up 2.8%, Escalade ( ESCA), up 2.7% and Tempur Sealy International ( TPX), up 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full VeriFone Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.