Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cheniere Energy ( LNG) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Cheniere Energy rose $1.68 (5.3%) to $33.06 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,933,131 shares of Cheniere Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,859,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.37-$33.25 after having opened the day at $31.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.38. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Sonde Resources ( SOQ), up 14.5%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), up 13.0%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 10.7% and Lake Shore Gold ( LSG), up 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cheniere Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.